Earl Mountbatten Hospice's Schools' Walk the Wight
Children register through their school and registration forms and fundraising packs are sent home in children’s book bags. When children sign up to Schools Walk the Wight, they receive a fundraising pack which includes a map and stickers to record their miles and a sponsorship form to raise money for the hospice.
Children can clock up their miles however they choose by walking to school, walking at the weekend or dog walking for a neighbour or friend. All walking counts and for every 1 mile or 30 minute walk children can mark this off with a sticker on the map.
All children who complete their miles receive a medal and certificate at a special assembly that takes place in their school, or on completion of the Schools Walk (see below).
If you require more information please contact your child’s Schools' Walk the Wight coordinator in your child’s school. If your child’s school is not taking part or if you are an individual/group and are interested SWTW, please contact Community Events Fundraiser, Dani Johnson, on 01983 217333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Information for Schools' Walk the Wight coordinators:
- Click here to sign up for your launch assembly using our online calendar
- Click here to download the £20 Challenge Poster
- Click here to download the PDF registration forms.
- Click here to download parent letter to accompany the registration form.
The Schools Walk - Sunday 13 May 2018
All children and their parents are welcome to take part in the Schools Walk. This is a 4-mile walk that takes place on the same day as Walk the Wight, from HF Holidays in Freshwater to the Needles Landmark Attraction. Children do not have to take part in the Schools Walk to complete their SWTW map but we would love to see as many people as possible join us on Walk the Wight day.
Parents do not have to pay to accompany their child but a donation to the hospice is always welcome
All families and groups are welcome to register for the Schools Walk on the day. If your child has not signed up for the SWTW scheme we suggest a minimum donation of £10 per child to join the Schools Walk.
- Registration opens at 9am
- Walk and procession starts at 10am
- Registration closes at 12pm
Further event information can be found in the Schools Walk the Wight walker packs.
Working with Shift IT
Shift IT Active Travel Project are supporting to be supporting Schools Walk the Wight Programme this year. Shift IT will be running a walking week in February to encourage students to log their miles. More infomation will be sent to schools taking part.
New for 2018: The £20 Challenge!
If every child who took part in Schools Walk the Wight raise £20 then we would raise a fantastic £20,000 to support Islanders and their families! Thanks to the kind generosity of top Isle of Wight attractions, all Schools Walk the Wight participants who raise over £20 will be automatically entered into our prize draw to win a fantastic experience or day out! Remember, every step you take and every pound you raise will make a difference.
- The Needles Landmark Attraction A VIP day out at the park for up to six people .
- Tackt - Isle A family bush craft experience for up to six people!
- Island Riding Centre A pony party for up to ten children.
- Superbowl A bowling party for up to 20 children.
- Day tickets for a family of four or six to top Isle of Wight Attractions including; Robin Hill & Blackgang Chine, Tapnell Farm, Amazon World, IW Steam Railway.
- Enjoy a day trip to Portsmouth with ferry travel provided with thanks to Hovertravel.
- Experience new heights with a tree climbing experience for two people with Goodleaf Tree Climbing.
- Bounce around with family entry tickets to Isle Jump
- Enjoy a fantastic day out, rain or shine, with admission to JR Zone
Terms and Conditions:
To be entered into the prize draw your child’s sponsorship form and money must be received by 8 June 2018. Winners will be drawn and contacted within 28 days.
Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and Earl Mountbatten Hospice reserves the right to use the names and addresses of winners in any publicity both in paper and online.
Any personal data relating to entrants will not be disclosed to a third party without the individuals (or their parent/guardians) consent.